Monday, August 1, 2011

On the road

 
Considering I’ve been missing a few days, for that I am sorry, I thought I would switch Monday and Thursday’s to-do’s. I’m going to write on Mondays and draw on Thursdays. This is because of the circumstances of my current schedule. I apologize for the lack of posting recently. Family has been in town, and they take priority. This is to let you know that I’m not done, and I do fully intend to continue to write and draw.

On a different note, Utah… Not a fan. It’s dry, hot, and boring. I was only there for a period of 24 hours. That felt too long, one could say that it was more then enough to make me remember why I love winter, and why the cold is a good thing. Not following? It was 96ºf when I landed yesterday morning. It was hot, and although it was humid for most of the desert dwellers, it was dry for me. It enraged my body, and I found myself drinking more fluids then I have ever drank in a day.

I’m glad to be on the road, that’s where I am right now. It’s not too hot today, and Idaho is being blessed by my favorite type of weather.

Rain.

So that is what I am doing right now. I’m sitting in a car. I guess that it’s better then being on an airplane though.

Speaking of… While I was on the plane I overheard a “special” conversation. A man who was sitting behind me was confused about the power of time zones and the implied time travel they offer.

“So, the plain takes off at 7:20(am) and it only takes an hour and a half to fly to Utah… Why are we supposed to land at 10:00?”

… This is a real thing that people are talking about. Were they not taught about Utah’s placement on the planet being a little further east and causing the sun’s cycle to be… what’s the word… ahead? No, I suppose not.

Either way, I’m not on a plane, and I’m not dealing with the modern masses. So I can be thankful for that. I’m also able to write a blog post while sitting in the car listening to the music on my computer with the car speakers. So, I have that, and I think it’s nice.

Now I am going to list some of the things I see for you. Perhaps it will help you paint a picture of what I am seeing.

Barn
Tractors (plural)
Sprinklers
Farmland
Camper toeing a Subaru
Two trees

This is actually pretty boring. So I’m going to stop, what took me fifteen minutes to view is only going to take you five seconds to read. So there is no reason to continue this. I wish I could type incredibly fast while I’m looking out the window, but I have to be looking at the computer screen to see that I am actually typing words on the computer.

I think instead of telling you what I see, I might just draw it on Thursday. I’m at a loss as to what else there is to type, so I think I’m done for now. Enjoy your Monday.

(Note: this was typed on a Sunday.)


No comments:

Post a Comment